Friday 17 August 2012

Garance Style

GARANCE DORÉ's collaboration with Kate Spade sees the blogger mixing her innate French style with the brand's own New York chic for a collection bound to make its way into a whole new host of street style photographs. "It's actually the first time I've been asked by a brand to do illustration for a print," Doré - who was an illustrator before she began her blog in 2006 - told us at the launch of the collection last night. "The idea of this particular print is a cocktail party, mixing the style of France and New York - my two homes. So it's a kind of blending of the two, and that's what you see on the shirt, the dress, the bag.

" The printed pieces - including Doré's favourite, a Peter Pan collar blouse - are joined by Paris-inspired charm bracelets, tweed bags and T-shirts and sweatshirts printed with French phrases. "In France we have good icons - women whose style we can be proud of. People seem to have the idea that there's an effortlessness to it, that we don't try, and we just let them think that!" Doré revealed. "The thing with French women is that they are body conscious. They know what suits them and they choose clothes that make them look good and that fit them - the mother teaches it from a young age. I actually think I dress in even more of a French way now that I live in New York - I'm more conscious of my Frenchness!" Having started her blog after becoming frustrated with her job as an illustrator, Doré has seen it grow into an international success - and is now a front row regular at fashion shows around the world. "I never started my blog for the 'fame', but I was committed - I have posted every day for six years - and now I'm getting to do things like [the Kate Spade collaboration] and to live my dreams. It's amazing."














LISA NIVEN 17 August 2012
http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2012/08/17/garance-dore-and-kate-spade-collaboration

No comments:

Post a Comment