Tuesday 14 February 2012

Everyday Luxury

ALICE TEMPERLEY'S new collaboration with Filofax came from her obsession for all things stationery.
"I have hundreds of sketchbooks all around me, I still like to put pen to paper," she told us. "However, for me, a Filofax is so much more than a diary and definitely crosses that divide from stationery to accessory."

The British designer has created two luxurious limited edition diaries, The Guinea created using high quality pony-skin and The Affair made with Italian lace bonded onto soft peach leather - both signatures of the Temperley label.
"As well as using today's gadgets, I also treasure putting pen to paper for my lists, notes and sketches," she explained. "The Filofax collection that I've developed allows me to have everything in one place where I can jot down ideas and store the constant inspirations I gather. The collaboration fuses our brands together. We have revived some very classic designs and added a twist of eccentricity and decadence."
Priced at £375 and £399 respectively, the organisers fit into the high end stationery market. The designer was keen to inject a little beauty into what is seen as an everyday object - to the extent that her lace style can even double up as a clutch bag. Even the diaries' interiors have been personalised, featuring lists of Temperley's favourite festivals, markets and recipes and a handwritten message.
"Filofax organisers are very personal things," she said. "Most would presume that with the planning functions of smartphones and tablets, paper organisers might become redundant. For me, there's no replacing that wonderful feeling of writing, drawing, hoarding and collecting real paper things; of course I also couldn't function without my blackberry so there is a holder for that in The Guinea. I think, and hope, a lot of people still have a love for pen and paper."

With a second Filofax collaboration on its way, Temperley has more plans to expand her label this year.
"We are growing our bridal line, Ophelia 2012, to New York Bridal Week as we have just turned it into a wholesale line," she explained. "We have also grown our Alice by Temperley diffusion collection and launched an initiative to support young talent, which is really inspiring."
The collection will available from Selfridges, Filofax stores and the Temperley London boutique from February 20.






ELLA ALEXANDER 14 February 2012
http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2012/02/14/alice-temperley-for-filofax-collaboration

No comments:

Post a Comment