Friday 9 November 2012

Savannah Miller On Going Solo

SAVANNAH MILLER has revealed that she's happy to step out of her sister Sienna's shadow. Speaking at the launch of her eponymous label Savannah last night in London - an intimate party providing the backdrop - the designer revealed: "I've been hiding behind my sister for long enough. It was really time to stand on my own two feet." The collection - her first solo project since she departed Twenty8Twelve in January where she was co-creative director with Sienna - is a momentous move for the designer. "This is so different, this is really me," she revealed. "No big team, just the two of us sitting down together," referring to her new head of design, Gudrun Kloepsch. With a BA in knitwear from Central Saint Martins and an impressive history in fashion - she has previously worked with both Alexander McQueen and with "best friend" Matthew Williamson - she certainly has the credentials to go it alone. "I am just so excited to have my own label - I can't quite believe it," she said. It seems like she's found the perfect fit - the collection is a cool blend of must-have party dresses, sumptuous knits and bohemian detailing - and she still gets to split her time between the country and the capital: "That's always how I've done it. It's really important for me to be able to pick my kids up from school at least two nights a week. I'm a mother first." The designer is clearly in her element. Authentic, affordable and independent, this is Savannah. Savannah is now available exclusively at nelly.com









09 November 2012 Scarlett Kilcooley-O'Halloran
http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2012/11/09/savannah-miller-clothing-collection---launch-party

No comments:

Post a Comment