Thursday 24 May 2012

The Real Louboutin

CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN does not take pleasure in creating painful shoes, contrary to popular belief. "I have been misquoted," he told us. "People say I am the king of painful shoes. I don't want to create painful shoes, but it is not my job to create something comfortable. I try to make high heels as comfortable as they can be, but my priority is design, beauty and sexiness. I'm not against them, but comfort is not my focus." Louboutin is currently celebrating his 20th anniversary in fashion and this year is set to be one of his busiest yet. He is currently the subject of an extensive retrospective exhibition at London's Design Museum; on Tuesday night scooped Condé Nast Traveller's Retail honour during its annual Innovation & Design Awards - held at the Mariott Hotel in London's Grosvenor Square; and has signed up to be a judge of Martini Royale's new search for the face of Martini - in which members of the public can enter to become the brand's next campaign star. Of all his many career successes, the designer's all-time proudest moment was creating the shoes worn at the finale of Yves Saint Laurent's final couture show. It was the only time the late couturier collaborated with another designer.



ELLA ALEXANDER
24 May 2012
http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2012/05/24/christian-louboutin-painful-shoes---comfortable-shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment