Friday 25 May 2012

In Royal Fashion

Designer and VOGUE.COM blogger Henry Holland and his muse, Agyness Deyn, met the Queen last night at a star-studded event held at the Royal Academy of Arts, celebrating the arts and attended by the country's biggest stars - from actors and musicians to comedians and designers, including Paul McCartney, U2's Bono, Sarah Burton, David Walliams and Tracey Emin. "It was incredible - one of the most surreal and exciting experiences ever," Holland told us this morning. "Aggy and I met Her Majesty and had a brief chat about being a designer. She was lovely and personable and funny! Definitely one for the grandkids!" long-term friend and designer Henry Holland are among a host of fashion names who will meet the Queen tonight at an event held at the Royal Academy of Arts, named A Celebration Of The Arts. "I'm really excited," Deyn told us this afternoon. "I have always wanted to meet the Queen - I couldn't believe it when Henry called me about it. I rang my mum and said: 'Mum, I'm actually going to meet the Queen.' I'm not a royalist as such, but I love the royal family. I think the Queen's really cool. I love how she dresses - she always looks so demure." Over 850 of the country's best actors, actresses, directors, dancers, choreographers, artists, musicians, as well as designers and their muses, will attend the event. Expected names include Christopher Bailey, Giles Deacon, Christopher Kane, Mary Katrantzou, Erdem, Richard Nicoll, Bruce Oldfield, Zandra Rhodes, Paul Smith, Vivienne Westwood, Matthew Williamson, Sarah Burton and Manolo Blahnik. While many may be deliberating over what to wear, Deyn has her outfit sorted. "Henry's made me a dress," she said. "I thought that sounded like a good idea. It's the navy dress covered in sparkly stuff from his autumn/winter 2012-13 show."
















 ELLA ALEXANDER 24 May 2012
http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2012/05/23/agyness-deyn-meets-the-queen---a-celebration-of-the-arts

No comments:

Post a Comment