Wednesday 7 March 2012

Supermodel Shoes



ALESSANDRA AMBROSIO has created a shoe collection with Melissa, the label that has previously created its recognisable plastic shoes with designers including Vivienne Westwood, Gareth Pugh and Jean Paul Gaultier.

GO INSIDE ALESSANDRA'S WARDROBE
The pregnant Victoria's Secret Angel is the first celebrity to design a range for the brand but the collaboration is the first in a new series, called Melissa Loves, which will see more celebrity fans of the brand create their own ideal styles. Ambrosio has designed two shapes: Melissa Incense Glitter, a delicate pump inspired by the ladylike style of the Fifties; and Melissa Divine, a classic ballet flat.
"I thought about something that represented my style. I only wear what I love," said Ambrosio. "I decided to take part in the project because I was looking for something beyond the modeling career. I think the creative process fascinating, and I have to tell you that I was willing to get involved and create something with my name, my brand."

To celebrate the collaboration, Ambrosio stars on the cover of the seventh edition of the company's in house magazine, Plastic Dreams, sporting a pair of the shoes she designed.








LAUREN MILLIGAN 07 March 2012
http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2012/03/07/alessandra-ambrosio-melissa-loves-shoe-collection

No comments:

Post a Comment